|Hebron Christian Reformed Church of Whitby was started in 1954 by members of the Rehoboth Christian Reformed Church in Bowmanville who lived in the Oshawa-Whitby area. This initial group of 149 people worshipped in a rented hall in Oshawa.In 1957 a new facility was built at 30 Elizabeth Cres., Whitby later to be known as 407 Crawforth St. More families continued to join. Hebron Christian Reformed Church has helped give birth to congregations in Oshawa, Port Perry and Ajax.
In May of 2003 we moved into our new facilities on Anderson St.. We look forward to being in a new community and meeting our new neighbours.
The Christian Reformed Church has its roots in Europe. During the time of the Protestant Reformation many different denominations were formed based on the region in which people lived. We are part of the Reformed family of churches that has its origin in Switzerland and The Netherlands.
The Christian Reformed Church is a bi-national denomination with offices in Burlington, Ontario and Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information go to www.crcna.org